Full form of TRIAC is triode for alternating current.
How many terminals does a TRIAC have?
How many minimum thyristors make up a TRIAC (Triode alternating current)?
How many doped regions do a standard TRIAC have?
Which is an example of TRIAC?
- OptoNCDT ILR 1030
- EddyNCDT 3301
TRIAC is a unidirectional device.
TRIAC (Triode alternating current) is unipolar device.
How many layers of semiconductor does a TRIAC (Triode alternating current) have?
What is the full form of SCR?
- Silicon controlled rectifier
- Silicate controlled rectifier
- Silicon controlled rectification
- Silicon controlling rectification
A TRIAC (Triode alternating current) cannot perform switching action on DC voltage.
A Triac is a ______________
- 2 terminal switch
- 2 terminal bilateral switch
- 3 terminal bilateral switch
- 3 terminal bidirectional switch
The Triac is ……….
- Like a bidirectional SCR
- A four terminal device
- Not a thyristor
- None of these
TRIAC is …………………
- bidirectional switch
- reverse directional
Videos on Electronics engineering TRIAC MCQS
Which of the following power semiconductor device has bidirectional current capability?
TRIAC is equivalent to …….
- Two SCR connected in parallel
- Two SCR connected in antiparallel
- one SCR and one diode connected in parallel
- none of these
TRIAC cannot be used in …
- AC voltage regulator
- Cyclo converters
- Solid state type of switch